University of Milano-Bicocca, Milan (Italy)
Researcher: Luca Stendardo
Supervisor: Carlo Antonini
- Design and setup the test rig for combined wetting and ice adhesion tests.
- Evaluate the supercooling effect on surface wetting parameters.
- Evaluate the supercooling effect on ice adhesion on a variety of icephobic of single drops.
- Validate cross-correlations with outputs from: (i) MD simulations, performed at KU Leuven, in the group of prof. David Seveno; and (ii) other ice adhesion tests performed at TU Darmstadt (prof. Ilia Roisman) and in an icing wind tunnel facility (possibly at Airbus).
- Complete validation of physical models as input for numerical simulations.